SHARE with CHARM
Michal Petran, Jean Letessier, Johann Rafelski, Giorgio Torrieri (v3.0, 2013)
Michal Petran, Jean Letessier, Johann Rafelski (v2.2, 2011)
Giorgio Torrieri, Sangyong Jeon, Jean Letessier,
Johann Rafelski (v2.1, 2006)
Giorgio Torrieri, Steve Steinke, Wojciech Broniowski, Wojciech Florkowski, Jean Letessier, Johann
Rafelski (v1.x, 2004)
SHARE with CHARM is a suite of programs implementing the statistical model of particle production in relativistic
heavy-ion collisions. It is designed for the community of heavy-ion
physicists. SHARE with CHARM computes yields, ratios and fluctuations of particles multiplicities.
It also optimizes the thermal parameters given experimental results. SHARE utilizes all confirmed
particles listed in Particle Data Tables. The distribution comprises a self explanatory datafile
listing all particles considered, and their properties.
Isospin channels, chemical equilibrium and non-equilibrium,
and weak decay contamination of particle yields are considered. Newly added CHARM module has been thoroughly tested
and already used to calculate publication level results.
The program is very versatile and therefore requires
considerable understanding of its operational structure.
We recommend that users first actually do read the usage manual. For those who want to switch on and run SHARE,
we provide now a Quick Start guide on page 4 of the manual
and in the README.
Here is your bed-time reading: arXiv:1310.5108 (SHAREv3.0 manual).
Getting started with SHARE? see HOW TO USE SHARE.
Updated version of SHARE is version 3.0 (SHARE with CHARM). To match LHC requirements, we included the following changes:
- all confirmed charm hadrons with decays
- charm computational module, new charm parameters:
- total charm (charm + anticharm) at hadronization and
- charm freeze-out temperature
- updated particle and decay tables to comply with PDG 2012
- sample fit to 10-20% centrality Pb-Pb at 2.76 TeV (published in M. Petran, et al., Phys.Rev.C 88, 034907 (2013))
- weak decay feed-down switched off by default, user has to specify otherwise
- charged particle counting bug fixed
- minor output changes for readability
- original SHAREv2.2 code in FORTRAN 77 maintained, linked to new CHARM C++ module
Manuals to prior versions of SHARE, should you need them, are available at nucl-th/0603026 (v2.x manual) as well as nucl-th/0404083 (v1.x manual)
(Last modified: October 17, 2013)
This website was visited times